2 cups sushi rice
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ large cucumber, julienne
2 large carrots, julienne
1 Avocado, sliced
1 small bell pepper, sliced
6 sheets of nori
Optional: ginger, wasabi, soy sauce, sesame seeds, etc.
1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
1-2 tsp siracha
- Cook sushi rice according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a saucepan heat rice vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved then cool. Pour over slightly cooled-warm rice.
- Once the rice has cooled begin preparing the sushi.
- Lay a sheet of nori onto the bamboo mat with the shiny side down. Spread rice onto the sheet leaving roughly 1 inch on one of the vertical nori sides bare, rice shkould coat the nori slightly smaller than one centimetre high. Spread the filling horizontally across the nori,l all the filling should be aligned on the side with rice the “start” of the sheet (away from the uncoated nori, it’s “end”) approximately one inch from the “start”. Be careful to not overfill by only doing about two or three slices of each filling ingredient. Begin rolling the sushi by using your thumb to guide the mat and your remaining fingers to fold the top nori sheet inwards. Continue rolling until the bare edge is reached, wet the side slightly with water then continue rolling. Squeeze the sushi roll tightly to ensure it will hold.
- Cut rolls into desired lengths, roughly 6 pieces per roll. Continue procedure. Serve with optional toppings.
- To make the sauce mix together the mayonnaise and siracha until well combined, chill until ready to use.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
*Expect to have remaining filling ingredients once all the 6 nori rolls have been used.They are perfect to use for salads, wraps or more sushi!