Serves: 12 | Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ingredients: Dough: 1 cup almond milk, warmed …
Apple Cinnamon Scones
Serves: 8 | Cook Time: 20 Minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour + extra for dusting
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 apple chopped into cubes
1/2 cup cold, non-dairy butter
1 tbsp melted, non-dairy butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp non-dairy milk
1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg well.
- In a separate bowl combine milk and vanilla.
- Cut cold, non-dairy butter into dry mixture using a fork or pastry cutter, followed by the wet ingredients. Avoid over mixing. Fold in apple chunks.
- Place dough onto a clean surface. Sprinkle flour onto the surface to prevent sticking.
- Form a flat disk with the dough, 1 inch thick. Cut lengthwise, horizontally and diagonally to form 8 triangular slices.
- Carefully place each slice onto the prepared pan. Leave 1-2 centimetres of space around each scone to prevent the edges from sticking.
- Brush melted, non-dairy butter onto the top and sides of slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow slices to sit on the tray for 5-10 minutes.
- For glaze: combine the powdered sugar, non-dairy milk and vanilla in a bowl. Drizzle glaze on top of the cooled scones, allow glaze to set before serving.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂