Serves: 14 | Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ingredients: 1 3/4 cup flour 1 1/2…
Cinnamon- Sugar Pull Apart Bread
Serves: 12 | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1 cup almond milk, warmed
2 tbsp non-dairy butter
2 1/2 cups flour + more for dusting
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/4 cup white sugar + 1 tbsp
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup non-dairy butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the warmed almond milk, yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar well. Allow mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, (remaining) sugar and baking powder. In a separate bowl add vegan butter alternative to the almond milk mixture. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Place the dough on a clean surface, knead for 5 minutes until it becomes elastic and forms a smooth ball. Next, oil a clean, large bowl with 2 tbsp of melted butter alternative, place the ball into it. Keep the bowl in a warm spot such as an oven or microwave (turned off), cover the bowl with plastic wrap and dish towel for 2 hours.
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl. Additionally, melt the butter alternative.
- When dough has risen place onto a floured surface and roll 1 cm thick. Cut vertical and horizontal strips roughly 2 inches apart, strips should ultimately produce a set of multiple squares. Rub butter alternative onto both sides of the squares, coat these squares with the filling on both sides.
- Once all squares are coated stack them upright in a baking loaf pan lined with parchment paper, squares should be placed crookedly together. Let the dough rise for another 2 hours covered in a warm spot.
- Place the bread into an oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove the dough once the bread has risen and becomes golden. Leave the bread in its pan until it has completely cooled.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂